Komodo Draconis - KHUx Party Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komodo Draconis - KHUx Party Forum

Welcome! This is the forum for Komodo Draconis, an Anguis union Party in KHUx.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorein Anguis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorein

Sorein

Sorein Anguis Empty
PostSubject: Sorein Anguis   Sorein Anguis Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2018 3:32 am

This character introduction will be written in multiple parts. The first will involve my actual history with Komodo Draconis in chronological order, the second will give basic information about Sorein, and the third onward will involve slices of Sorein's history as told by Sorein himself.

• I originally joined Komodo Draconis (KD) almost two years ago as a mid-tier strength player.

• Together with Luna and Xziled (hereby referred to as Ziled) we formed a trio of players that gathered the largest percentage of Lux in KD for some time. At one point we even propelled KD to a top 100 ranking (rank 87) in 2016 during one of the first Ω Raid Boss Events (Ω Fortress Crab) that stood as the highest ranking achieved by KD for over a year.

• Luna, Ziled, and I were made KD admins.

• KD member participation declined, and I removed Luna as a member due to being her being significantly past the minimum activity time period.

• Seeking to gain access to stronger medals I left KD to join another party so that I could complete high level quests.

• Having gained stronger medals, and seeing that KD had made a resurgence in activity I returned to KD after a long time of jumping between different parties. However, by this time the only remaining original member of KD was now Timey.

Last edited by Sorein on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:28 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sorein

Sorein

Sorein Anguis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Sorein Anguis Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:45 am

Overview

Name
Sorein Anguis

Appearance
At almost 6'2" tall Sorein is an imposing figure... until one notices how slender he is. The only thing that accompanies him at all times, aside from his Keyblade, is a necklace that his friends Ziled and Luna gave him in celebration of his birthday. He is noted as having piercing brown eyes that seem as if they are tinged red, and messy brown hair that always seems too disorderly to be considered neat but yet not too disheveled as to be inappropriate for a formal event.

Personality
Sorein is strongly devoted to the Anguis Union, to Komodo Draconis, and to anyone whom he considers to be a friend. He is head-strong and competitive but is deeply concerned with helping others to grow alongside him so that the group as a whole becomes stronger. He lays a path through adversity and encourages those following him to ascend to new heights. On the surface he is noted as being friendly and outgoing, but those who get to know him well also know that he harbors great sadness within him. Due to a traumatic past he has come to believe that at times a person may have to make the decision to do something terrible in order to accomplish a greater good. Rather than leaving this burden to others he often takes the responsibility of making those decisions himself. While some may see this as the strength to do what needs to be done; he can become forlorn, depressive, and withdrawn because of the decisions he has made. He holds his failures close to his heart and doesn't acknowledge his own successes with as much merit as he would if someone else accomplished the same feat. Regardless at his core Sorein is a good person who wants to improve the world and help those he cares about.

Interests
Sorein is noted as being an accomplished musician, and can often be heard singing or humming... at least when he believes that no one is listening. Though he doesn't remember where he learned these songs, but they are an inseparable part of his past that somehow survived the memory loss he suffered upon awakening in Daybreak Town and he finds solace in the belief that some things; like his music, can never be taken away. He is also fond of fishing, and makes regular trips to Daybreak Town's beach early in the morning to enjoy the cool air while he searches for his next great fish story.

Skills
Aside from being adapt with a blade, Sorein is seen as exceptional when it comes to planning large-scale strategies and managing logistic efforts. When he is part of an operation the keyblade wielder teams under his command are well prepared for battle and well fed; though, they are often worn down by the demanding nature of his tactics and his cold attitude on the battlefield. He has a talent; be it good or bad, for removing himself from his personal feelings in order to think clearly. This sometimes drives a wedge between himself and his comrades, but regardless of their personal feelings most would agree that Sorein can get the job done and bring them home safely. Sorein does have a notable weakness in that he can tend to lose a grasp of his immediate surroundings while coordinating others which can get him into trouble. Due to this his teammates have made a habit of checking on him periodically during combat to make sure he stays focused on his own safety and they occasionally poke fun at him by calling him an "Oblivious Genius".

Notable Combat Abilities
While Sorein doesn't have a high affinity for magic he is good with a blade, and is extremely fast. He has developed the ability to warp to his Keyblade in a similar manner to how most wielders summon their blades. He has dubbed this ability "Reverse Summoning." This allows him to traverse great distances instantly; so long as he leaves his Keyblade in the location that he wants to travel back to, and also allows him to dodge enemy attacks by throwing his Keyblade away from danger and Reverse Summoning himself to it.

Weaknesses
Due to his personality Sorein doesn't easily trust other people on anything more than a superficial level despite acting very friendly with them. Furthermore, his headstrong nature can lead him to quarrel with those of differing opinions if an immediately applicable middle ground is unavailable. He can at times be too decisive and while his quickness to action is often useful in a tactical sense it can be detrimental to his personal relationships. While he is a skilled swordsman Sorein isn't able to take a hit well and thus relies heavily on his armor and his allies to protect him in battle. Finally, Sorein has a reputation of acting apathetically about matters that he should care deeply about. When confronted about this he will simply shrug it off with a chuckle; however, he is quick to confide his inner doubts and concerns to those that he trusts so that he can get their advice and opinions. He is; in fact, deeply affected by these matters but maintains his composure in order to calm those around him.

Keyblades

Starlight
Starlight is Sorein's Keyblade from the beginning of his memories with the Anguis Union until the death of Luna in the Keyblade War. It is a standard model without any notable deviations from the normal Starlight Keyblade that is awarded to all wielders.

Quasar
Quasar; a term referring to a massive black hole located at the center of a galaxy, is an evolution of Sorein’s Starlight Keyblade. This pitiable blade was forged during the Keyblade War when Luna; one of Sorein’s closest companions, was slain. Tied indescribably to its wielder’s heart Starlight reverberated with Sorein’s anger, grief, and lonesomeness in a way that split the blade and warped its once regal form. The spiraling purple and gold faded to black and purple, ruptured, and splintered away from the core of the Keyblade to form wisps surrounding a black sword with a deep purple edge. The once ornate details that adorned Starlight crumbled away to reveal a design shaped solely for the purpose of war. While the weapon was certainly fearsome in appearance; more than anything, it emitted the great sorrow that plagued its wielder.

Eclipse
Eclipse is a degraded version of Quasar. Immediately following the final battle of the Keyblade war Sorein lost his memories; and thus, he also lost the strong emotions that accompanied those memories. Due to this Quasar was no longer able to sustain its previous form and it collapsed in upon itself. Portions of the Keyblade's sword core became hollowed and the wisps once surrounding the sword collapsed inward to form inlaid ornamentation on the blade. The deep purples faded to silver and while the blade certainly retained a feeling of lethality it also emitted a great emptiness that mirrored the hole left in Sorein by the departure of his memories.

Prominence
Prominence could be best described as a redemption of Quasar. While the design certainly maintains much of the shape and structure of Quasar the colors shift to be closer to that of Starlight such that the feelings of anger, grief, and loneliness that permeated Quasar's design are instead replaced with an aura of resolution or acceptance. Prominence is created after Sorein finally comes to terms with Luna's death and begins to move past it such that the Keyblade becomes purified; however, because it still shares a design very similar to that of Quasar it also symbolically represents that even though Sorein is getting better he will always be shaped by his past.

Armor and Clothing

Keyblade Armor
Sorein's Keyblade Armor consists of purple and grey full plate that is trimmed in silver with a similarly purple and silver cape. This is the armor that he wears before, and throughout the Keyblade war. However, upon the loss of his memories his Keyblade becomes "hollowed" as explained in the Keyblades section. This results in an inability to summon this armor after the reawakening, and he does not regain the ability to summon this armor again until he regains his memories.

Nocturne's Armor
Sorein's Keyblade Armor was bright, easily noticed on a battlefield, and highly protective. However, upon its loss Sorein found himself in dire need of a new means of protecting himself. This leather armor; consisting of black leather with white gold trim and a similarly colored cape, marked an established change in Sorein's personality and as such the armor represents his tarnished mental health in several ways. The darkness of the outfit is symbolic of the emptiness that came from losing his memories. It doesn't provide him the same level of protection and security as his former armor either and thus he is left vulnerable, though he is easily able to avoid an enemy's attacks. This is meant to mirror his emotional state wherein his nightmares chase him and eat as his psyche while he flees from them and attempts to find safety in truth.

Casual Wear
When not in battle Sorein prefers to wear comfortable clothing such as flannel, jeans, boots or tennis shoes, and jackets of all sorts. His wardrobe is somewhat utilitarian in that most of his clothing have a copious number of pockets. In general, the things he wears could be described as being appropriate for both indoor and outdoor activities.
Armor Photos

Sorein Anguis N1XkhxA

Sorein Anguis ONZsyld

Sorein Anguis 05ggD8Q

Last edited by Sorein on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:20 pm; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sorein

Sorein

Sorein Anguis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Sorein Anguis Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 3:45 am

You’re here already?! I wasn’t expecting you so soon; though, I do appreciate your punctuality. Please come in, follow me... and pardon the mess. I rarely have time to tidy up between missions these days. Remind me? Your message said that you wanted to talk to me about my past... or was it that you wanted to get to know me better? I apologize, as of late my memory seems to have become a bit foggy.

My past? Well... to tell you the truth I don’t remember anything from my childhood aside from my name and a few other random uninteresting tidbits... but my first vivid memory would be of waking up here in Daybreak Town. I remember... that there was the distinct sound of a bell striking to signal the coming of noon and despite a glaring mid-day sun I was shrouded in shadows. A woman was peering down at me hidden behind the guise of a serpent. Let me say it was a startling thing to wake up to! Though, as surprised as I was it was almost as if she had been expecting me. I imagine you yourself went through something similar? I digress, she told me I had been chosen, and that I was now a part of her family: part of Anguis. I can’t say that understand those words at the time but as someone whom held not even an identity gifted by memories... Anguis gave me something to dedicate myself as a reason to keep moving forward.

I spent a number of months wandering this world on my own while occasionally being assisted here and there by fellow members of Anguis. Those were good times, but I can’t say that I found a true home until I met Timey. I recall that the first time I saw Komodo Draconis they were working together to fight off a particularly nasty group of Heartless that had appeared in town. I’m ashamed to admit that in watching them I was taken by surprise and surrounded, and if they hadn’t noticed me, I might not still be here to talk to you! After that battle they invited me to join them and; though I was skeptical at the time, I’m certain that accepting that invitation was the best decision that I’ve made since waking up.

Among the Draconis I became closest to two others; Ziled and Luna. I think that I would best describe Ziled... as a free spirit. He had the hair of an untrimmed bush and; though I never did discover where these things came from, it was often occupied by any manner of strange and marvelous objects. Luna on the other hand was dainty and swift. She had long blonde hair... the most extraordinary violet eyes. She was radiant. I mean that to describe not only how she looked, but also the type of person she was. Don’t let my descriptions fool you though, despite appearances neither of those two were to be taken lightly. When I first joined, I quickly found that both were far superior to me in strength, but I couldn’t let my two friends stand so far above me! I strove to become stronger with such fervor that it wasn't long before I equaled them in battle prowess. The three of us were all made officers within Draconis. We were the vanguard, the strongest of the group. We protected everyone... at least, for a time... I’m sorry... I try not to let talking about them bother me but...

It’s getting late. There is a spare room around the corner there. Stay and we can continue in the morning.

Last edited by Sorein on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sorein

Sorein

Sorein Anguis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Sorein Anguis Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm

HOLY SON OF A HEARTLESS!?!?! Why in Hades’ name did you barge into my room in the dead of night?! I almost launched a fireball into your face! YES! Yes, I’m ok. You say that you heard thrashing and banging? It was just a nightmare it wasn’t anything real... I know it wasn’t real... No, I don’t really want to talk about it... but the look on your face says you won’t let it go until I do, will you? Well make yourself useful and go put on some coffee or something this could be a long story.

Thanks for taking care of the coffee, no late-night talk is complete without a nice beverage, right? Let me apologize for before. I’m sure you can tell that sudden awakenings and I are not on good terms. The nightmare? Well, I suppose it can’t really hurt to talk about it. You remember the two people I mentioned earlier? The dream started with the three of us; that is Luna, Ziled, and I, on patrol just outside on the town’s fountain plaza. It seemed to be just another boring day, and we were about to head back to Luna’s home for a break when we started hearing clattering from the plaza. Fearing that another omega heartless may have appeared we sprinted in that direction; only to see that the plaza was filled with other wielders. It seemed as if there had just been a fight and tensions were electric between everyone gathered there. For some reason I felt a strong urge to get away rather than try to calm everyone... I can’t explain it, but it is like I knew for some reason that we couldn’t do anything in that situation.

Instead, we ran to find Master Invi to inform her of what was happening; however, she was already crowded by others giving similar reports to our own. Upon noticing our arrival, the Master pushed her way to us and instructed us to go find Timey and let her know what was happening. She told us to make sure not to travel alone or unarmed, and to ensure that the members of Draconis were assembled and ready for battle. Ziled and Luna seemed... disturbed by the prospect of fighting against the other unions, but Master Invi had never led us astray before and I trusted her.

After informing Timey of what was happening I quickly gathered some other volunteers from Draconis and lead them back out into town to marshal any separated Anguis members... Luna and Ziled refused to come with me saying that they didn’t think we had a clear picture of the situation, but I felt that urgent action was called for and so I left without them. It wasn’t long after I left them that the fighting started. At first it was contained only to small pockets of town, but before long there was nary a street or back alley that wasn’t filled with smoke and the moans of the wounded. It wasn’t until after the deaths of most of the team that I had been leading that I finally found Ziled and Luna again.
At first, I was relieved to see them safe; however, I couldn’t believe the nonsense that Ziled blabbered about. He kept repeating how we had to put down our weapons so that we could talk to the other unions. He just didn’t seem to comprehend the situation we were in or how many of our comrades had already fallen, and I was enraged that he would spew forth such blasphemous things when the blood of our friends still lay warm on the ground! He couldn’t understand that refusing to take action and stand up to fight would just get those around him killed! As we argued I came to see that there simply could be no reconciliation between our points of view... I didn’t want to fight him, but I couldn’t let him endanger himself and those around him with his half-hearted sense of duty. I drew Starlight to my side. He stared at me seemingly in shock, but not even his good nature could wipe his mind of his battle experience. It threw him off balance, but he barely blocked my first attack and sent me flying to the other side of the street. In an instant we were together again; blades locked and eyes fierce. Luna looked on in horror as we fought; unable to find any openings to end our quarrel.

I lunged at Ziled again, but he deftly stepped aside and leapt high into the air to cast a massive fireball. I raced to intercept him before his incantation was complete... but I was too slow. Searing heat scorched my armor and it felt as though I might boil alive. I was sent crashing down through the street and I plunged into the waterway below; a swift stroke of good fortune that extinguished the flames. However; Ziled was fast to follow. Suddenly he was there before me; holding me hostage with his blade. It would have been the end of things had he noticed Starlight falling slowly behind him. As it entered a blind spot behind him, I reverse summoned myself to my blade; catching him off guard, and swung downward in a desperate attempt to end our deadly dance... but Starlight would never reach him. Luna stood between us; her eyes wide, stricken by my attack. She fell into me and wrapped her arms around me trying to support herself. Crying; her last words before she disappeared were a sorrowful apology... and after that everything was just a blur.

You’re right it was a terrible dream... but fortunately it was just that, a dream. Little more than delusions produced by the stressed mind of a man searching for his missing friends. Certainly, it isn’t anything to be worried about. Starlight? Did I say that... I must still be half asleep; Eclipse has been my Keyblade for as long as I can remember so I’m not sure why I would think... ugh, it feels like a Darkside is pounding on my head! No, I’ll be fine I probably just need more sleep after such a restless night. You should lay back down as well until morning and then head home.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, I actually feel a bit better. Yah, good night to you too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sorein Anguis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Sorein Anguis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorein Anguis
Page 1 of 1