Komodo Draconis - KHUx Party Forum

Welcome! This is the forum for Komodo Draconis, an Anguis union Party in KHUx.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sorein Anguis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sorein

PostSubject: Sorein Anguis   Wed May 16, 2018 3:32 am

This character introduction will be written in multiple parts. The first will involve my actual history with Komodo Draconis in chronological order, the second will give basic information about Sorein, and the third onward will involve slices of Sorein's history as told by Sorein himself.

• I originally joined Komodo Draconis (KD) almost two years ago as a mid-tier strength player.

• Together with Luna and Xziled (hereby referred to as Ziled) we formed a trio of players that gathered the largest percentage of Lux in KD for some time. At one point we even propelled KD to a top 100 ranking (rank 87) in 2016 during one of the first Ω Raid Boss Events (Ω Fortress Crab) that stood as the highest ranking achieved by KD for over a year.

• Luna, Ziled, and I were made KD admins.

• KD member participation declined, and I removed Luna as a member due to being her being significantly past the minimum activity time period.

• Seeking to gain access to stronger medals I left KD to join another party so that I could complete high level quests.

• Having gained stronger medals, and seeing that KD had made a resurgence in activity I returned to KD after a long time of jumping between different parties. However, by this time the only remaining original member of KD was now Timey.

Last edited by Sorein on Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorein

PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:45 am

Name:
Sorein Anguis

24 years old... though he isn't certain how accurate this estimation is.

Appearance:
At almost 6'2" tall Sorein is an imposing figure... until one notices how slender he is. In battle he wears purple and grey armor that is trimmed in silver with a similarly purple and silver cape. This makes it so that he is well protected and easy to find in the midst of combat. However, while not on missions he prefers to wear more comfortable clothing like flannel shirts, jeans, t-shirts, and various different jackets. The only thing that accompanies him at all times, aside from his Keyblade Eclipse, is a necklace that his friends Ziled and Luna gave him in celebration of his birthday. He is noted as having piercing brown eyes that seem as if they are tinged red, and messy brown hair that always seems too disorderly to be considered neat but yet not too disheveled as to be inappropriate for a formal event.

Personality:
Sorein is strongly devoted to the Anguis Union, to Komodo Draconis, and to anyone whom he considers to be a friend. He is head-strong and competitive but is deeply concerned with helping others to grow alongside him so that the group as a whole becomes stronger. Much like a lead climber he lays a path through adversity and encourages those following him to ascend to new heights. On the surface he is noted as being friendly and outgoing, but those who get to know him well also know that he harbors great darkness within him. He is a strong believer that at times a person has to make the decision to do something terrible in order to accomplish a greater good, and often takes the burden of making those decisions onto himself. Additionally, due to the loss of his close friends he can become forlorn, depressive, and withdrawn. Because of that he holds his failures close to his heart and doesn't acknowledge his own successes with as much merit as he would if someone else accomplished the same feat. Regardless at his core Sorein is a good person who wants to improve the world.

Interests:
Sorein is noted as being an accomplished musician, and can often be heard singing or humming... at least when he believes that no one is listening. Though he doesn't remember where he learned these songs they are an inseparable part of his past that somehow survived the memory loss he suffered upon awakening in Daybreak Town and he finds solace in the belief that some things; like his music, can never be taken away. He is also fond of fishing, and makes regular trips to Daybreak Town's beach early in the morning to enjoy the cool air while he searches for his next great fish fabrication story.

Skills:
Aside from being adapt with a blade, Sorein is seen as exceptional when it comes to planning large-scale strategies and managing logistic efforts. When he is part of an operation, wielder teams are both well prepared for battle and are well fed; though they are often worn down by the demanding nature of his tactics and his cold attitude on the battlefield. He has a talent, be it good or bad, for removing himself from his personal feelings in order to think clearly. This sometimes drives a wedge between himself and his comrades, but regardless of their personal feelings most would agree that Sorein can get the job done and bring them home safely. This said; he tends to loose a grasp on the smaller picture of a battle and can get into trouble if he doesn't pay attention to his own surroundings. Due to this his teammates have made a habit of checking on him periodically during combat to make sure he stays focused and they occasionally poke fun at him by calling him an "Oblivious Genius".

Notable Combat Abilities:
While Sorein doesn't have a high affinity for magic he is good with a blade, and is extremely fast. He has developed the ability to warp to his Keyblade in a similar manner to how most wielders summon their blades and has dubbed the tactic "Reverse Summoning." This allows him to traverse great distances instantly so long as he leaves his Keyblade in the location that he wants to travel back to, and dodge enemy attacks by throwing his Keyblade away from danger and Reverse Summoning himself to it.

Weaknesses:
Due to his personality Sorein doesn't easily trust other people on anything more than a superficial level for a long period of time despite acting very friendly with them. Furthermore, his headstrong nature can lead him to quarrel with those of differing opinions if an immediately applicable middle ground is unavailable. He can at times be too decisive and while his quickness to action is often useful in a tactical sense it can be extremely detrimental to his personal relationships. While he is a skilled swordsman, Sorein isn't able to take a hit well and thus relies heavily on his armor and his allies to protect him in battle. Finally, Sorein has a bad habit of acting apathetic about matters that he should care deeply about. When confronted about this he will simply shrug it off with a chuckle; however, he is quick to confide his inner doubts and concerns to those that he trusts so that he can get their advice and opinions.

Last edited by Sorein on Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:11 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorein

PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:45 am

You’re here already?! I wasn’t expecting you so soon, though, I do appreciate your punctuality. Please come in, follow me... and pardon the mess. I rarely have time to tidy up between missions these days. Remind me, your message said that you wanted to talk to me about my past... or was it that you wanted to get to know me better? I apologize, as of late my memory seems to have become a bit foggy.

My past? Well to tell you the truth I don’t remember anything from my childhood aside from my name and a few other random uninteresting tidbits... but my first vivid memory would be of waking up here in Daybreak Town. I remember... that there was the distinct sound of a bell striking to signal the coming of noon, and despite a glaring mid-day sun I was shrouded in shadows. A woman was peering down at me hidden behind the guise of a serpent, let me say it was a startling thing to wake up to when one has no memories! Though, as surprised as I was it was almost as if she had been expecting me. I imagine you yourself went through something similar? Anyway, she told me I had been chosen, that I was now a part of her family. Part of Anguis. I can’t say that understand those words at the time, but as someone whom held not even an identity gifted by memories... Anguis would become everything to me.

I spent a number of months wandering this world on my own while occasionally being assisted here and there by fellow members of Anguis. Those were good times, but I can’t say that I found a true home until I met Timey. I recall that the first time I saw Komodo Draconis they were working together to fight off a particularly nasty group of Heartless that had appeared in town. I’m ashamed to admit that in watching them I was taken by surprise and surrounded, and if they hadn’t noticed me I might not still be here to talk to you! After that battle they invited me to join them and; though I was skeptical at the time, I’m certain that accepting that invitation was the best decision that I’ve made since waking up.

Among the Draconis I became closest to two others; Ziled and Luna. I think that I would best describe Ziled... as a free spirit. He had the hair of a bush and; though I never did discover where these things came from, it was often occupied by any manner of strange and marvelous objects. Luna on the other hand was dainty and swift. She had long blonde hair... the most extraordinary violet eyes. She was radiant. I mean that to describe not only how she looked, but also the type of person she was. Don’t let my descriptions fool you though, despite appearances neither of those two were to be taken lightly. When I first joined I quickly found that both were far superior to me in strength, but I couldn’t let my two friends stand so far above me! I strove to become stronger with such fervor that it wasn't long before I equaled them in battle prowess. The three of us were all made officers within Draconis. We were the vanguard, the strongest of the group. We protected everyone... at least, for a time... I’m sorry... I try not to let talking about them bother me but...

It’s getting late. There is a spare room around the corner there. Stay and we can continue in the morning.

Last edited by Sorein on Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sorein

PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm

HOLY MOTHER LOVING SON OF A HEARTLESS!?!?! Why in Hades’ name did you barge into my room in the dead of night?! I almost launched a fireball into your face! YES! Yes, I’m ok. Thrashing and banging? It was just a nightmare it wasn’t anything real, yah... it wasn’t real... Do I want to talk about it? Not really but the look on your face says you won’t let it go until I do, will you?... Well don’t just stand there! Make yourself useful and go put on some coffee or something; I’m not telling you anything until I at least put some pants on, so shoo get out!

Let me apologize for before, as I’m sure you can tell mornings and I are not on good terms. The nightmare? Ugh; I’d hoped you would just forget about that, you’re a persistent one aren’t you? Well, I suppose it can’t really hurt to talk about it. You remember the two people I mentioned earlier, right? The dream started with the three of us; that is Luna, Ziled, and I, on patrol just outside on the town’s fountain plaza. It seemed to be just another boring day, and we were about to head back to Luna’s home for a break when we started hearing clattering from the plaza. Fearing that another omega heartless may have appeared we sprinted in that direction; only to see the the plaza was filled with other wielders. It seemed as if there had just been a fight and tensions were electric between everyone gathered there. For some reason I felt a strong urge to get away rather than try to calm everyone... I can’t explain it, but it is like I knew for some reason that we couldn’t do anything in that situation.

Instead, we ran to find Master Invi and inform her of what was happening; however, she was already crowded by others giving similar reports to our own. Upon noticing our arrival the Master pushed her way to us and instructed us to go find Timey and let her know what was happening. She told us to make sure not to travel alone, or unarmed, and to ensure that the members of Draconis were assembled and ready for battle. Ziled and Luna seemed... disturbed by the prospect of fighting against the other unions, but Master Invi had never lead us astray before and I trusted her implicitly.

After informing Timey of what was happening I quickly gathered some other volunteers from Draconis and lead them back out into town to marshal any separated Anguis members... Luna and Ziled refused to come with me saying that they didn’t think we had a clear picture of the situation, but I felt that urgent action was called for and so I left without them. It wasn’t long after that; that the fighting started. At first it was contained only to small pockets of town, but before long there was nary a street or back alley that wasn’t filled with smoke and the moans of the wounded. It wasn’t until after the elimination of most of the team that I had been leading that I finally found Ziled and Luna again.

At first I was relieved to see them safe; however, I couldn’t believe the nonsense that Ziled blabbered about. He just kept repeating how we had to put down our weapons so that we could talk to the other unions. He just didn’t seem to comprehend how many of our comrades had already fallen, and I was enraged that he would spew forth such blasphemous things when the blood of our friends still lay warm on the ground. As we argued I came to see that there simply could be no reconciliation between our points of view… I didn’t want to fight him, but I couldn’t let him endanger himself and those around him with his half-hearted sense of duty. I drew Starlight to my side. He stared at me seemingly in shock, but not even his good nature could wipe his mind of his battle experience. It threw him off balance but he barely blocked my first attack and sent me flying to the other side of the street. In an instant we were together again; blades locked and eyes fierce. Luna looked on in horror as we fought; unable to find any openings to end our quarrel.

I lunged at Ziled again, but he deftly stepped aside and leapt high into the air to cast a massive fireball. I raced to intercept him before his incantation was complete... but I was too slow. Searing heat scorched my armor and it felt as though I might boil alive. I was sent crashing down through the street and I plunged into the waterway below; a swift stroke of good fortune that extinguished the flames. However; Ziled was fast to follow. Suddenly he was there before me; holding me hostage with his blade. It would have been the end of things had he noticed Starlight falling slowly behind him. As it entered a blind spot behind him I warped to my blade; catching him off guard, and swung downward in a desperate attempt to end our deadly dance… but Starlight would never reach him. Luna stood between us; her eyes wide, stricken by my attack. She fell into me and wrapped her arms around me trying to support herself. Crying; her last words before she disappeared were a sorrowful apology… and after that everything is just a blur.

You’re right it was a terrible dream... but fortunately it was just that, a dream. Little more than delusions produced by the stressed mind of a man searching for his missing friends. Certainly, it isn’t anything to be worried about. Starlight? Did I say that... I must still be half asleep; Eclipse has been my Keyblade for as long as I can remember so I’m not sure why I would think… ugh, feels like a Darkside is pounding on my head. No, I’ll be fine I probably just need more sleep after such a restless night. You should lay back down as well until morning and then head home.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, I actually feel a bit better. Yah, good night to you too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorein Anguis   

Back to top Go down

Sorein Anguis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Komodo Draconis - KHUx Party Forum :: Roleplaying :: Character Profiles-
Jump to: